Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Damn you Star Wars: The Old Republic!

So I gave into the dark side and took an actual stab at playing TOR. My first experience with it wasn't very fun as I tried out being a Jedi Knight and realized that for light saber combat I need a control pad instead of a mouse and keyboard.


After talking to a few more folk about my disdain for melee in an MMORPG they all suggested I play some kind of ranged character. So I created a Republic Trooper as a last ditch effort to try to enjoy this game before I totally immerse myself back into the console gaming world. I wasn't expecting much and instead found I prefer ranged combat much more than I should and found myself starting to get seriously sucked into the game. Currently my Trooper is on Coruscant, took the Commando advanced class and has his first companion.


And this is just my single player character. I also created a Bounty Hunter so I can play with one of my friends as Imperials. We're both currently on the planet Hutta, both level 8 and both having a lot of fun. We had such a fun marathon session for our first session that I had to remind him that he had work in the morning and he needed to go the F to sleep already. I'm going to try to get back online with him tonight as well so the continuing story of the completely mercenary bounty hunter and the suave James Bond-esque Imperial Agent can get the hell off Hutta and get out into the galaxy.



 And naturally more friends have TOR too and want to play with me or my wife. So if you're one of them and want to start up a game just let me know. I'd be happy to play with you as long as I don't have to be a melee character.