Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Quick Movie Review: John Carter




This movie surprised the heck out of me. I have knowledge of Burrows work and was fairly certain that it would not hold up but after watching John Carter I can say that it was a complete blast! It worked for me on almost all levels. From visuals, special effects, casting, movie run time (over two hours....yeah....stuff actually developed here)....everything was epic and fun. For this movie they based a lot of it off of The Princess of Mars with elements of some of the other books.

I'd even go as far as to say that John Carter out Star Wars the Star Wars prequels. It was fantastic and it made me feel like a little kid watching sci-fi or reading my favorite fantasy books. You really get the sense from watching this film just how influential Burrows was and why characters like Superman (heck the super hero genre all together), Indiana Jones and the like were inspired by John Carter.

Fun, fun, fun, fun movie. I want this to succeed because I want another John Carter movie. Go see this! Take your kids! Its Disney and it was good!